7 Days in Bali: Seminyak Beach & Ubud Jungle
This Bali itinerary is very popular amongst couples and honeymooners. Stay a few nights on the beach of Seminyak and a few nights in the jungle of Ubud. Both regions are great for couples on a honeymoon as they offer high-end luxury hotels with amazing views, but otherwise the regions are completely different! While only staying overnight in two places, you’ll be in strategic locations for some day-trips to see the highlights of Bali.
Day by Day
- Day 1: Taxi from Airport to Seminyak, stay at the beachfront The Legian.
- Day 2: Relax on the beach or at the hotel pool, recover from your flight. We love sunset on the beach at La Plancha, a 25 minute walk on the beach away from The Legian.
- Day 3: Explore Seminyak’s boutique stores and art galleries in the morning. We suggest an afternoon trip to Tanah Lot Temple, 1 hour drive away. Enjoy sunset in Tanah Lot, followed by fine dining back in Seminyak at Sangsaka (book in advance!). If you still have energy, why not celebrate your honeymoon together with a little party at the open-air jungle-themed La Favella nightclub?
- Day 4: Taxi from Seminyak to Ubud (1 hour), check in to the spectacular Viceroy Bali overlooking the Petanu river valley. In the evening, enjoy a traditional Balinese Kecak dance performance at Ubud Palace.
- Day 5: Explore Ubud: the Monkey Forest, art market and Campuhan Ridge Walk are our favorites. Wind down together after the Ridge Walk in the Tjampuhan Spa, a sauna in a cave overlooking a jungle river.
- Day 6: Get a driver for a day, and visit the iconic Ulan Danu temple in Bedugul and the Jatiluwih rice terraces, which are further away but way more scenic and less crowded than the popular Tegallalang rice terraces. On the way back, enjoy a Bali sunset and dinner overlooking the jungle at The Sayan House.
- Day 7: Taxi back from Ubud to Bali Airport (1.5 hours).
While we believe The Viceroy and The Legian are great, there are many other excellent options for couples. Check out the articles below for romantic hotels at any budget:
More Bali Itineraries
Based on our 5 years in Bali, we have crafted 8 Bali itineraries with care. Check the full list below or read more information on our Bali Honeymoon Itineraries.
Written by Olivia & Dirk
Hi! We have put together this guide with a lot of care, based on our own experiences. As a couple, we have lived in Bali for the past 5 years, and we fell in love with the island. We have visited every corner of Bali, especially the romantic places ;-). While our articles do contain affiliate links, you can trust us to recommend only the experiences that we love.